Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A day in my life...

I thought you guys might want a little taste of what a typical day looks like for me:

(Obviously, this is not the precise times for every day and the times do fluctuate quite often)

8:30 am - get up
9:00 - get on bus and go to campus
9:00 til about 4:00 pm - class (I only have one a day), work in the lab, work in the office

...here is a picture of my desk in the office
At night, I watch tv, work on stuff, Skype, shower (Pictures of my room to come)

Midnight - bedtime

My lab is super fun and we have a somewhat distinctive signature in that we make South Park character versions of ourselves and post a page of all of us South Park-like on the outside of our labs, office, etc.

Here is my lovely character haha

Also, this past weekend, I probably had the best weekend ever! I got to experience California for the first time and experience it with a wonderful person. Why was it the best weekend ever?

  1. Mostly because of the wonderful person I spent it with
  2. Eagles Concert - absolutely amazing and the best musicians I've ever seen
  3. OU beat Texas! Sad I couldn't be there but still super super exciting. *BOOMER SOONER* 
  4. I received my first paycheck
Here are some pictures of the Stanford campus:
One of the residence halls - all the buildings look like this

The main entrance of Stanford
Palm Drive



The church

There are arches on every building
Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're enjoying graduate school. I love the South Park character. She's a cutie just like you. Looks like you guys have fun while you work. That's so nice. I think I see a picture of you and Matthew at your desk...aww so sweet! Also, glad you had a great weekend in California with Matthew. Stanford is beautiful isn't it. Eagles concert...I was so jealous. I love the Eagles but have never seen them. I was so excited that OU won! Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a beautiful campus!!!! Glad you are having fun!!!! I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete