Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Frozen Tundra Team is Superbowl Bound!

Oh my goodness, I am SO EXCITED that my Packers are GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!

The first time I clearly remember sitting on the couch watching a game and really considering myself a Packers fan was the superbowl in 1996! It was the first time I had a heartfelt connection to an NFL team. For the last 14 years, my love for the Packers has only continued to grow. In Oklahoma, I was somewhat of an outcast and got tons of crap from my multitude friends who were Cowboys fans. Now, after 13 years of waiting, we're back in the superbowl!!! While, I always kind of liked being the person people thought of when they thought of the Packers (because I was one of few in Oklahoma), it is so much fun to be in Wisconsin during this exciting time. And even better, we beat the Bears to get here!

My favorite Packers memory ever and one of the best weekends ever - going to a Packers game with my dad my freshman year of college... I think I need to see Rodgers play now haha


Also, it has been freezing here. Like brrrrrrrrrrr cold. It's actually not too bad when you're all bundled up (which I always am). My body never feels cold but you still walk outside to immediate eye watering and cold inhalations. The cool part though - I saw the prettiest snow I've ever seen the other night. I was walking outside downtown right by the capitol and it was sparkling unlike I've ever seen snow sparkle. It was beautiful.
Yep, no ice here in Wisconsin just fluffy, sparkly snow!

Xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, It's ironic that your first NFL season in Wisconsin the Pack goes to the big dance. I have been a Bears fan for a loooooong time. Perhaps 55 years or so. But, since the Bears lost to the Pack, I'll be rooting along with you. Go Packers.

    ReplyDelete